Thursday, January 19, 2012

Miss Dashwood's Period Drama Button Contest

Miss Dashwood at Yet Another Period Drama Blog has a fun Period Drama Button Contest going on for lovers of period dramas and witty sayings.

These are my entries for the contest. Hope you enjoy and are inspired to join in the fun!

(Click banners for larger image)


Photo: Actor Rupert Evans as Mr. Frank Churchill in Emma (2009)
Caption: Quote from Isabella Thorpe, Chapter 3 of Northanger Abbey (one of my favorites!)



Photo: Bennet ladies from Pride & Prejudice (2005)
Caption: Beatrice from Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing



Photo: Anne & Captain Wentworth after Louisa's fall in Persuasion (1995)
Caption: Mr. Knightley in Jane Austen's Emma



Photo: Mr. Rochester hurries Jane to the altar, Jane Eyre (2006)
Caption: Song Get Me To The Church On Time from My Fair Lady



Photo: Actor David Bamber as Mr. Collins, Pride and Prejudice (1995)
Caption: Said by Ruby to her sister Pearl in Lark Rise to Candleford, Christmas episode



Miss Dashwood, thank you for hosting this contest! It was so much fun seeing other people's entries and making my own buttons!

9 comments:

Lauren | Chic Éthique said...

These are hilarious! :)
-Lauren

Miss Dashwood said...

Miss Laurie, these buttons made me shriek in a highly unladylike fashion, especially the "Get Me to the Church" one. I love them!
I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I really like your signature pictures. This one reminds me of Meg in Little Women (though I know it's not her). What movie is it from?

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE the one with Capt. Wentworth and Anne over Louisa! Drop-down hysterical!!! Great job Miss Laurie!

Emily Boyd said...

Oooh, I like these captions! Especially the last one since I knew exactly where the caption had come from. :) My other favorite is the "Badly Done Indeed".

Ella said...

Those were very funny!
I hope you"ll win:)

Charity U said...

Great job! Hope you win...I love those.

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

Thank you ladies! It was so much fun making these and I'm glad you enjoyed them! :)

Miss Dashwood,
Thanks for your comments on my signature pics. The one in this post is of Hetta Carbury from The Way We Live Now. It's not the best period drama but is pretty interesting and Hetta is a sweet character. If you're interested I have a link to my film review of The Way We Live Now in My Film Reviews page under author Anthony Trollope.

Miss Dashwood said...

Miss Laurie, I was wondering, would it be all right with you if I put your "badly done" and "you speak like a baboon!" buttons on the Sink Me! blog? I'd cite you as the creator, of course. They are really funny and I think would fit in well with the theme of that blog. :)

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

Miss Dashwood,
Of Course I don't mind at all, I'd be honored! :)
I've been enjoying your Sink Me! blog. Did you post an announcement about it? I found it through the link on your sidebar and couldn't remember if you had posted about it before.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...