Friday, September 14, 2012

The Hollow Crown Trailer & Clips

These are the trailers and clips I promised in my recent film review The Hollow Crown - Four Shakespeare Plays.

Please Note: Most of the clips contain Spoilers. Richard II and Henry V are the best of these films and most worth watching. I did include important clips from Henry IV Part 1 and Part 2 to fill in the story for folks planning to take my suggestion and not watch those. 


The Hollow Crown trailer - Clips from all four films. 
How many period drama actors do you recognize?




The dying John of Gaunt chatises foolish King Richard - starring Patrick Stewart and Ben Whishaw.


King Richard abdicates to Henry IV - starring Ben Whishaw, Rory Kinnear, David Suchet and David Morrissey. Don't feel too sorry for Richard, he's being quite childish really.

Watch Richard II on YouTube here.




Prince Hal mocks his father the king - starring Tom Hiddleston and Simon Russell Beale playacting as the dissaproving Henry IV and disrespectful son Prince Hal.


Prince Hal is confronted by his father about his lewd behavior - starring Jeremy Irons and Tom Hiddleston.


Prince Hal's 'I Know You All Speech' - Starring Tom Hiddleston as Prince Hal saying goodbye to his old way of life.


Prince Hal vs. Henry Percy - Starring Tom Hiddleston, Joe Armstrong and Simon Russell Beale.
Warning: This is a fight scene and someone will die at the end.

Watch Henry IV Part 1 on YouTube here




'The days we have seen' speech - starring David Bamber and Simon Russell Beale as Shallow and Falstaff reminiscing about their glory days as young men.


Prince Hal at his dying father's bedside - starring Tom Hiddleston, Iain Glen and Jeremy Irons. Prince Hal says good-bye to his dying father.


Prince Hal denounces Falstaff - starring Tom Hiddleston, Simon Russell Beale, Geoffrey Palmer and David Bamber. Prince Hal's first act as king is to turn completely from his former lewd way of life by banishing his partner in crime Falstaff.

Watch Henry IV Part 2 on YouTube here.


Henry V Clips


'Once more unto the breech' speech - starring Tom Hiddleston. This is a famous speech from Henry V and hearing it always makes me want to join the fight! "For England, Harry and St. George!"


Henry V Agincourt or 'upon St. Crispin's Day' Speech - starring Tom Hiddleston. Another very famous speech in which Henry V rallies his generals' spirits before their big battle. This one makes me cry every time!


King Henry V wooing Catherine of Valois - starring Tom Hiddleston, Melanie Thierry, Geraldine Chaplin and Anton Lesser.
Fangirl Warning: This is the cutest and bestest part of the whole film!!! I LOVE this part!! Swooning  is definitely a must!! :)

Watch Henry V on YouTube here.


Are you familiar with these Shakespeare plays?

Which clips did you watch? What did you think of them?

Are you planning on watching the full films? 

If you do watch any of these films I'd love to know what you think! 
And if you have any particular questions about these films feel free to ask.


5 comments:

Marian said...

So THIS is what people are talking about! It looks amazing (stellar cast!), and maybe it'll get me to read more Shakespeare... Thanks for your review!

A.G. Dahl said...

Hey! So after being reminded about this series again this week I picked up Henry IV and am already on Act III. I know, I'm a nerd. *grin* Anywho! I plan to read the plays first and then watch the films. Unfortunately I can't find the films. Anywhere.

If I like the plays enough, which I'm sure I will as I already love it and the character arcs I know are coming, I may end up just buying the series off Amazon....Or I'll rent them or something.

I wanted to know what it's rated, or rather, what/if any {it's Shakespeare so there's got to be *some*} inapropro scenes are there? :) Thanks!!!!

~Anna
waltz-forest.blogspot.com

A.G. Dahl said...

Never mind that last comment. I just found your other post on it. :D Thanks

Anna

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

I'm glad you found the review post because I put a Questionble Content section for each of these four films. Sorry the links to watch the films no longer work. You might still be able to find the videos on YouTube because when they are taken off often someone else will put them on again.

A.G. Dahl said...

Thanks, I checked out your review and it was very helpful. :) Gotta love Shakespeare adaptations.... -_-

That's okay. I actually just found out that my mom had recorded the episodes with our DVR when they aired a few months back... So after I finish the plays I'm going to watch those. :D

Anna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...