Wednesday, April 3, 2013

March Recap & Tag Questions!

Old-Fashioned Charm

As the part of the Period Drama Challenge at the end of each month I'll be posting a list of the participants, reviews for that month and give you some tag questions to answer.  

So far there have been 121 comments on the Period Drama Challenge post.
1 more person has said they will be participating in the challenge making a total of 25 Participants! Of those participants links to 28 film reviews have been left in the comments in March making a total of 96 reviews in this challenge so far!

You can keep entering the links to your period drama film reviews on the original post or comment with them here. 

And if you haven't entered the Period Drama Challenge there's still plenty of time to do so!


25 Participants: 
Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm - 12-15 Films
Rebekah of Rhoswen Faerie Wrose  - 15-20 Films
birdienl of Journal of a Dutch 20-Something - 8-10 Films
Miss Elizabeth Bennet of Elegance of Fashion - 12-15 Films
Melody of Regency Delight
Jazzie of Clothes of the Past - 12-15 Films
Hamlette of Hamlette's Soliloquy - 12-15 Films
BatZion of FHG Creations - 12-15 Films
Crafts4others - 12-15 Films
BanrĂ­on An Gheimhridh of My Period Drama Obsession - 8 Films
Hayden of The Story Girl - 8 Films
Risa of Breadcrumb Reads - 5 Films
Miss Dashwood of Yet Another Period Drama Blog - 10 Films
Stephanie of Eccentricitee - 12-15 Films
Xenia of Collar City Brownstone - 12 to 15 Films
Beverly Farr - 8 Films
Katie of Pandora's Box - 12-15 Films
phylly3 of Phylly's Faves - 8 Films
Maddie Rose of The Madd Rose - 10 Films
Lizzie of Hopeful Aspiring Homemaker - 12-15 Films
Sarah of How To Watch A Movie - 12 to 15 Films
Faith Hope Cherrytea (Period Film Admirer)
Miss Melody Muffin of The Splendor Falls on Castle Walls - 12 to 15 Films
Kelly of My Cure For Downton Depressions (participating)
mom - 10 Films


March Reviews:
He Knew He Was Right (2004) by Sarah of How To Watch A Movie
Cassanova Brown (1944) by Xenia of Collar City Brownstone
The Importance of Being Earnest (2002) by Miss Elizabeth Bennet of Elegance of Fashion
Pride & Prejudice (2005) by Hamlette of Hamlette's Soliloquy
North & South (2004) by Miss Dashwood of Yet Another Period Drama Blog
The Astonished Heart (1949) by Xenia of Collar City Brownstone
Pride and Prejudice (1995) by Sarah of How To Watch A Movie
The Pallisers (1974), Episodes 15-19) by Miss Elizabeth Bennet of Elegance of Fashion
The Final Inquiry by BatZion at FHG Creations
Pride and Prejudice (1995) by Lizzie of Hopeful Aspiring Homemaker
Hornblower: The Duchess and the Devil by BatZion of FHG Creations
He Knew He Was Right (2004) by Hayden of Story Girl
The Old Curiosity Shop (2007) by Hayden of Story Girl
Jack The Giant Slayer (2013) by Hamlette of Hamlette's Soliloquy
Anne Frank: The Whole Story by BatZion of FHG Creations
Sherlock Holmes: The Man With The Twisted Lip by Hamlette of Hamlette's Soliloquy
Snow White and the Huntsman by Hayden of Story Girl
Mirror, Mirror by Hayden of Story Girl
Laura (1944) by Hamlette of Hamlette's Soliloquy
Northanger Abbey (2007) by Lizzie of Hopeful Aspiring Homemaker
Sense and Sensibility (2008) by BatZion of FHG Creations
Northanger Abbey (2007) by Sarah of How To Watch A Movie
The Barkley's of Broadway (1949) by Xenia of Collar City Brownstone
Driftwood (1947) by Xenia of Collar City Brownstone
Lark Rise to Candleford by Melody of Regency Delight
Amazing Grace (2005) by Rebekah of Rhoswen Faerie Wrose
The Importance of Being Earnest (2002) by Rebekah of Rhoswen Faerie Wrose
From Time To Time by Rebekah of Rhoswen Faerie Wrose


Period Drama Tag Questions:
(Answer here in the comments or on your blog)
1. What period dramas have you watched in March?
2. How many adaptations of Jane Eyre have you seen? Do you have a favorite?
3. Do you prefer period drama villains who are cleverly cunning or downright diabolical?
4. How often does watching a period drama make you want to read the book it's based on?
5. What older period drama would you like to see a remake of?


And if you didn't get to answer the January Tag Questions or the February Tag Questions you can do that any time. You can also feel free to answer the Tag Questions even if you're not participating, but we'd love to have you join us!


12 comments:

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Here are my answers for this month's tag :-)

Arielle Melody Bailey said...

I answered the tag here:
http://thesplendorfalls.blogspot.com/2013/04/period-drama-tag-questions-february-and.html

Melody said...

1. I can't remember! This week I'll have to keep a list. :)

2. All of them in their entirety except for: the one from the 1930s, the one from 1973, and the one from 2006. But I have seen some of those three, too. :) My favorite? Um. Well, for the Whole Story/Detailed Version I'd say the 1983 version, but just for more Pleasure Watching, the 2011 version. And I would like the 1996 one a lot better if it didn't randomly deviate from the storyline after the wedding, and if it had a different Rochester. ;)

3. Well, I don't have much of a 'preference' for villains in general. :P The Really Annoying and Just Get On Your Nerves kind is probably what rubs me the wrong way the most, but then I want to be able to hate them and not be inclined to like them (even if you do at the beginning). I think a lot of them are both cleverly cunning AND downright diabolical. ;) But I guess you might say I prefer the former. Sometimes.

4. How often? Well... often. Depending on the length of the book and its author. :)

5. Mansfield Park, of course. :D Oh, oh, and A Tale of Two Cities. But you knew that. ;)

BatZion said...

Here are my answers to this month's tag questions: http://fhgcreations.weebly.com/march-tag-questions.html

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

I have my first review for April done! It's the 1997 "Jane Eyre," and you'll find it here.

Hayden said...

here are the answers to the tag!

http://everystory-storygirl.blogspot.com/2013/04/period-drama-challenge-march-recap.html

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Here is my second review for April: the 1969 version of Hamlet.

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

I can't leave comments on BatZion's site, so can I please say here that "The Duchess and the Devil" is my absolute favorite Hornblower movie, and I loved her review of it! Anyone here who hasn't seen these -- they are delightful!

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Here is my 3rd review for April, of the Jackie Robinson biopic 42 that's in theaters right now.

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Review #4 for April is here. It's for my favorite movie of all time, but it's also one of my shorter reviews. Hmm.

Rhoswen Faerie Wrose said...

I think I'm going to have to drop out of this. When I decided to participate I didn't have any thing going on in the forseeable future except our moving. Now, I have two jobs, instead of just the one slow one, and my second job isn't leaving me any time to watch movies.
I will eventually post what reviews I already recorded for April (though it may not be until late May or June when I do). If I can pick back up, I will, but, for now, I'm afraid I must bow out.

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

Rhoswen Faerie Wrose,
Sorry to hear that you're dropping out but I completely understand. We still have about two months left so if you find you have time you can always join back in. I've been very busy too and haven't gotten many films reviewed. :(

Keep up the good work everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...